If you need a quick and healthy breakfast, you’ll love this six-minute Air Fryer Breakfast Banana Split!
Air Fryer Breakfast Banana Split
With just five ingredients, this delicious Air Fryer Banana Split tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast. The bananas are baked in the air fryer and topped with yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pecans. If you want to make this easy banana breakfast for kids, add some sprinkles and a cherry! These Baked Bananas, Banana Foster-Topped French Toast, and Banana Foster Crepes are some more yummy banana recipes to try.
Banana Split Ingredients
- Banana: This recipe is the perfect way to use up overripe bananas. The riper, the better!
- Cinnamon: Sprinkle a little cinnamon on the banana.
- Greek Yogurt: I like Fage or Stonyfield Greek yogurt, but any kind will work. You could also use vanilla yogurt and skip the syrup.
- Dairy Free: Use your favorite dairy free yogurt like coconut or almond.
- Maple Syrup: Swap it with honey or agave.
- Pecans: Chop two tablespoons of pecans. You can sub walnuts or almonds or omit them if you’re allergic.
How to Make a Breakfast Banana Split
- Air Fry the Banana: Slice a ripe banana lengthwise, three-quarters of the way through, and top it with cinnamon. Air fry the banana for five to six minutes at 400°F until soft.
- Greek Yogurt Sauce: While the banana cooks, combine a teaspoon of syrup with the yogurt.
- Banana Split Toppings: When the banana is ready, top it with yogurt, cinnamon, pecans, and the remaining syrup.
- Drizzle the banana with chocolate syrup, almond butter, or peanut butter.
- Fruit: Add fresh berries, pomegranate seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, or crushed-up freeze-dried strawberries.
- Top your banana split with chocolate chips, granola, coconut chips, or coconut flakes.
- Spices: Add a dash of nutmeg or cardamom, or substitute pumpkin pie spice for cinnamon.
- Classic Banana Split: Make it dessert with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and a cherry on top.
No Air Fryer? No Problem!
Bake the bananas in the oven at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
More Banana Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 1 servings
Serving Size: 1 banana
Slice the banana lengthwise, 3/4 of the way through on the side of the banana so it doesn’t roll in the air fryer and open the the skin and banana slightly.
Top with cinnamon and air fry 400F 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon syrup with the yogurt.
When the banana is ready, top with yogurt, sprinkle with more cinnamon and the nuts and drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
Optional, top with colored sprinkles and a cherry on top.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 banana, Calories: 286 kcal, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 46 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 26 g
Leave a Reply